Monday, November 30, 2009

KINGKING, The Story Behind The Name

In my very first blog entry, I wrote about my very special dog that I initially named "Luv" . A lot of people find it inappropriate for a dog's name, so I tried to check some doggie names that would somehow show how much I love this creature.
For the Visayans, especially the "Hiligaynons", the word "palangga", means love. Most siblings, couples and even unknown strangers are called as "Gà", a short term for "palangga", especially when a favor from the concerned person is in tow.
From this rootword, comes the variety of versions such as "langga", "langging", "gingging", and lot more funnier labels which I think my mom would win for her infamous "Langkingking".
She started mumbling "Langkingking" every time she'd play with my then month-old chubby cute nephew. And so, when I got my cute dog (although i would have to understand that not so many of you would neither find a street-dog to be cute, nor interesting) , and with tons of complaints from others for calling him "Luv", I named my buddy as "kingking"just before he turned 1 yr-old. I think he adapted to that moniker quite fast and loving it.
Kingking is now 2 yrs and 4 months continuously blessing me. Time flies rapidly that i could barely realize how he has developed to an adult male dog.
Here are some photos of him as he's growing up :




Recent update: Kingking has now fallen in love with our neighbor's "Ms. Brown".

No comments:

Post a Comment