Friday, February 19, 2010

Why Hurt the Dog?

by: Mizpah Mijares

The past 2 days I have been very sad. Kingking went missing early morning of Feb.17 and we searched the entire neighborhood not finding him. I cried the whole night for my dog. We called the petshop and every Dog Pound in Melaka or the Majlis Bandaraya Melaka Bersejarah (MBMB) if any stray dog in a blue jersey and a red neck collar has been endorsed to them.

The petshop, and MBMB shared the same thought that perhaps my dog might have been kidnapped for adoption by someone who would have found him adorable, attracting people with his shirt on. Kingking being a "native dog" ( which Filipinos commonly call as "Aspin", referring to "Asong Pinoy") with strong features similar to a Carolina Yellow Dog, or a Dingo, has never been considered anywhere as valuable as a purebred dog.

Kids around the subdivision don't like him. These rascals tease him by making annoying sounds everytime they pass by the house and throw anything at my dog. One throwing incident even broke the clay pot displayed just beside the main door.

2 hours since we've realized he's missing, deep in my heart, as the master, knows nobody took him for adoption. I know he's gone because somebody wants to hurt him, and I was never convinced when the petshop owner and the MBMB officer said, "somebody might have found him so adorable to take home".

This is KingKing 3 days before the incident, patiently waiting for his breakfast.



Last night, coming home from work at around 7PM, we found Kingking right at the front door lying. My heart jumped to see my dog back, but when he started to stand up and come near me, I saw him almost crawling in pain.... and there's a huge laceration on his side body, some multi-shape smaller lacerations on his head, his neck, his face, his lips, and his front leg. I cried even harder to see my dog this way.

Somebody took my KingKing away to hurt him....my dog seemed axed by Lucifer. They are so evil...!!

His jersey was gone, his neck collar was gone. I think they wanted to kill him , but my dog survived and managed to come home....

My partner didn't come to work today.. he's bringing him to the Vet and get him a new shirt and collar so he won't lick the meds we apply to his open wounds. The wounds are so deep that you can even see the flesh.

My dog didn't get a good sleep last night from pain...and he's been traumatized to what happened to him. He barks even at the the slightest sound he'd hear.

If only my dog can talk and tell me what exactly happened, and most of all, to tell me who's to be responsible for hurting him.

I updated my family in the Philippines about KingKing and my mom texted me to say, I should just be grateful that KingKing was brave enough to fight for survival and manage to come home. She's right. My KingKing is a Survivor. But to think that someone out there can actually do this kind of thing to a helpless creature who did nothing to him/her, what more can this person do if aggravated by a human being? This person is dangerous to be staying around.

If I do "find out who did it," what am I going to do?

I'd definitely start revealing potential sociopath for what they are, rather than waiting for it to get worse.

Sociopaths don't just start with animal cruelty, often, by the time they're caught abusing animals, they've already abused people.

**********************************************************************************
"Dogs were not put on the earth to pose, prance, sit, point, and have their coats shampooed. They were created to chew shoes, bark at cars, have accidents on the rug and get their tummies scratched." - Roger Ebert

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." - Josh Billings

No comments:

Post a Comment