Sunday, May 3, 2009

Here Comes the Bride

People were asking me.."Why are you still Single? When are you getting married?" Which always ends up me poorly misjudged.

Am I overly choosy? Definitely NOT. I am just the kind of woman whose love is enduring and can always wait. I have loved and failed and loved again in the past. It might surprise other people as I have not always been so open about my personal life even to my family, what more to other people.

I was 13 years old when I had my first heart-break, but hold-on, it was when my dog died and totally not because of a man. But why do I have to include this experience? Nothing, maybe because whether you lose a dog or you lose a boyfriend, the amount of pain you'd feel inside is comparable. Dog-lovers could agree on this statement. For the record, I have never been scared getting hurt. I cry when I stumble, but I always get up, and move forward, and sometimes, try to look back to make sure I don't miss anything as I move along the journey.

Enough for the heart-breaks, let's move on to the exciting part...the special announcement.

Ladies and Gentlemen, people of the world...
WE are getting married!

Can you feel the love in the air? I do. And I could finally answer the questions nosy people could throw at me without getting irritated.

I know how agitating it is when you are being asked about something you are not ready and willing to answer.

I use to do this to my friends, not being nosy, but to intentionally annoy and get them prepared to the possible questions from insensitive people.

I may have gone overdue from my original target date of settling down, but being engaged at 29 isn't that bad, is it?

The wedding day? Hmmm...I promise to keep you all my friends posted. Let me put first things first into place.

I am smiling right now. Hope you are, too.

The fiance's family are coming over to our place to formally ask my hand from my parents in July.

I am nervous and happy blended into one.

I could be busier on the next few months for all the W preps.

Who is the guy...watch out for my next updates.

2 comments:

  1. wow ate mizpah..congratz.. i wish you hapiness in yer life with yer fiance..btw, you might wonder who am i.. to formally introduce myself, im katherine po pala, one of fretz's classmate in high school and one of his closest buds as well.. nkkwento ka nya po sken..hehe..i've found yer site in san carlos city website and hit the link of yer blog.. anywayz, stay safe andhave a good day ahead.. again, my felicitation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine, thank you very much! Nice to meet you..you must be a very good girl..I know my nephew..he is such a wonderful person ......

    Thanks again for your wishes..and have a good life ahead.

    ReplyDelete