Sunday, May 10, 2009

Food and Exercise Personal Challenge

Just as I have announced my soon - to - be wedding, it occurred to me that I need to be the most beautiful woman on that day. Beautiful inside and out.

Malaysia is a place of food. The people seems to have an active taste bud and accommodating stomach. Thus, food business is extremely good. Having stayed in this country for almost 2 years, I somehow adapted the food culture, which resulted to a good and not so good impact.

Good: Having opened up myself to a various types of food, that I've never ever tried before anywhere, but here. Apart from the best Spicy Chicken Meal of Mcdonald's, Nasi Lemak (pronounced as, na-si lama^) , the national dish of Malaysia, is a platter of steamed rice with coconut cream, some cucumber slices, small dried anchovies (ikan bilis), roasted peanuts, hard boiled egg, and hot spicy sauce (sambal) at its core, is one of my thumbs-up favorite for breakfast. And you can serve me everyday "mee hoon", and "mee hoon kway soup or dry " not getting fed up.

Not so Good: The food may be abundant, but most of the dishes are not healthily balanced . Elaborating my favorites , ( and almost everything is my "favorite" anyway), the most that you'd be able to get after every ordinary meal is carbohydrates. And believe me, after 2 years, it is obviously represented by my used - to - be - POWER abs, to POWER FLABS.

I may not have tremendously gained a massive weight ( thanks goodness to my dog that forces me to walk at least 30 minutes a week, and frankly, due to a tight budget preventing me to splurge ) , I still need to tone down my muscles, that have slowly accumulated some unwanted fats from my daily " bee hoon ".

The challenge is to follow the 10 - minute Pilates exercise that my Fiance has downloaded for me from the internet.

I tried it for 2x this week, and guys, I need your moral support to keep me to my goal. Everytime I'd position on my yoga mat, I have envisioned "bee hoon" as chunks of fats pouring on me, just to keep me going. Pathetic!

You can search "Pilates" in Youtube, provided at the side column of this page.

It's excruciating, but surely we will reap the fruit of our labor at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment