Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Greatest Blog Revelation

Do you know that behind these smiles, is a Missing Molar :). I lost it at such a young age *fingers rolling* ...I was  in High school.  The dentist has well informed me that I must get a denture to fill in that gap, else, all the other teeth could move overtime.  Not to mention at that time,  my wisdom teeth weren't there yet.

I ignored,  and eventually has totally forgotten about this tooth gap in my mouth as years pass by. I was like , "Come on,  I have a pretty normal life without it,  so why bother?"

And then...reality strikes back at me.  Early this year,  I began to grow my wisdom teeth  (yeah , I'm a late bloomer) .  Perhaps just like you,  I couldn't enjoy munching on food without complaining how badly it hurts sometimes.  I also complained that I THINK,  there are mouth blisters in there that I'd unintentionally keep biting.  

My birthday wish..... a tooth!

In one of my regular visit to the dentist,  I was handed this brochure about Dental Implants.  As I was  browsing it while waiting for my turn , I saw this illustration of a mouth with a missing molar exactly the same like what I have. 


This I would say was the "Awakening " :)  I even thought those were mine :).  Hubby was just sitting right beside me and so I took my golden opportunity of discussing the procedure to him and directly asked him if I could have it as a birthday present. Well,  he didn't respond, and approve right then and there,  but after 3 days in the car to work,  he gave me the good news. Woot!!!!

The steps....
After getting an appointment with the dentist in Melaka,  we were asked to do the following:

  1. Prepare the money :)
  2. Get a dental Xray (with dentist's recommendation)

When I got the Xray result,  it was like opening a Pandora's box with much of our surprise to see how terribly my wisdom tooth has been impacted. Please see the right end side. Focus on the tooth that's been growing sideways. At the left side is where you can see the gap from my missing  Lower tooth # 6 (molar).  Next time I see somebody flaunting their sparkly whites,  I'd be imagining how their Dental Xray could look like.


At exactly 9:30 am today, Dec. 13, 2011, my dental surgery took place at Teng&Ho Clinic Sdn Bhd.

Dr. Ho was gentle and friendly and consistently ensures I am fine.  When the procedure was about to start,  my nerves are killing me and I felt sooooooo cold.  I mentioned it to Dr Ho,  so they wrapped me with a gown and I laughed when she asked her assistant to play some music, and I heard Bruno Mars. ;)

I was given Antibiotics and some pain killers and an antiseptic mouthwash for rinsing. In 10 minutes,  the anesthesia injected in my mouth started to make the area numb , I couldn't pronounce a word perfectly.  If you've had seen me,  you'd tell me I look like I had a stroke ;).

Dr Ho started to cover my face leaving the mouth area exposed. The rest of the time,  I hear some scraping ,  and drilling sounds.  My imagination was very busy listening to them utter some numbers.  Like, "tooth #6",  "Okay,  stop at 11"  "Check again if it's 11".

I don't know what "11" refers to. The procedure ended faster as I expected.  She asked me how I was feeling which at that time,  I've felt far better.  "Finally,  it's done!",  I said.

The last step was another X ray check to see how the implant looks like, voila, here it is..... :)



The tooth shall only be installed after 3 months and I can't wait for that.  I should have done this since long time ago.

If you want to know about the clinic,  you can find Dr Ho in this address:

No.119 Taman Melaka Raya,
Melaka, 7500 Malaysia
Tel #: +60-6282 - 1903

No comments:

Post a Comment