Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hard Rock Cafe Cap Collection

by: Mizpah Mijares

I am privileged to have been invited for a lunch at a co-worker's house few weeks ago. If you have followed my articles, I mentioned before that welcoming people to your house is welcoming them to your life. Your home presents so much about you as an individual.

My previous article is sort of a reminder that we also have to make sure who we are opening our doors to. Unfortunately, to my co-worker and friend, little did he know that I love to write anything that especially takes my precious attention.

We entered the house with interiors obviously designed to be family-ready. There's a piano opposite the entrance, that my other co-worker played his masterpiece with, and next to the elegant dining table is a tiered wooden rack that holds multiple memorabilia. Among others, I marveled and paid much attention to the Hard Rock Cafe caps from every city with Hard Rock Cafe branch, the owner have visited so far.

"Mr. Lim's" Hard Rock Cafe Cap collection:



Tijuana, Mexico


Left (Red): Hollywood Universal Studios in California, USA; Right: Cardiff, UK

Left: Munich, Germany ; Right: London, UK

Left: Makati, Philippines; Right: Amsterdam, Netherlands
These are just 7 out of 136 Hardrock Cafe branches from all over the world. And you may say "Amen" to the collection and the great travel opportunities, but I say "Amen" to the fabulous fun, exciting experience, and great music from each of these cities, Hard Rock Cafe brings.

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing what people collect when I go to their houses. An extended family member collects Coca Cola memorabilia that I feel like i'm in a Coke factory when I am in her house. Another family family member collects tupperware ... oh wait no... that's just pacific islanders obsessed about their tupperware. I collect shot glasses. I wish I could say that every shot glass I own is a place that i went to but sadly no. However, when a family or friend goes on vacay, they always bring me a shot glass. so just as good i guess. what do you collect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am collecting gray hairs, the worst collection ever...it's unwanted, but it's inevitable. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. waa! Kris Allen's the new American Idol!
    (la lang, off-topic comment)

    ReplyDelete