Sunday, March 1, 2009

Diminished

by: Mizpah Mijares

This poem is dedicated to the Alzheimer's disease victims......


When God dims my memory,
Please sing a song and look at me, He wouldn't leave my heart empty

The things I used to do, the words I used to say,
Those may have crushed you, and pushed you far away,
I beg you tell me,
He wouldn't leave my heart empty

When science remains a mystery,
When hope is vague and gray,
Please keep your faith and stay with me,
He wouldn't leave my heart empty

The beauty of the past,
The future that I missed
I'm locked in the dark room
He wouldn't leave my heart empty

Kiss my hand and hold me,
When God clears out my memory,
Please sing this song to my family,
He'd never leave my heart empty

When thoughts are gone,
And time becomes the greatest enemy
When all I do is stare at you
God dims my memory,but remember, He'd never leave my heart empty

This poem is originally composed as a song.


4 comments:

  1. Even though our path didnt cross in PSI, by hearing some words from you, i know your are beautiful inside and out. - Supermark QfN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Keep visiting my blogsite.My apologies if I wasnt able to update it recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you want i can make music with your poems, with your permission,,,

    << Warlock >>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ronanzki, it would be my pleasure.can I hear the song?

    ReplyDelete